[lit-ideas] Re: One of the better fatwa's

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 20:40:21 +0100

Lawrence

LH>offense (according to the Islamists) was that Spencer argued
LH> that Islam isn't tolerant, and isn't a religion of peace.  The Islamists
LH> responded by the fatwa ""May Allah rip out his spine from his back
LH>and split his brains in two, and then put them both back, and then do it
LH>over and over"

this is A LIE.  CAIR has not even brought -- as you alleged they had -- a
lawsuit.  (My information's from littlegreenfootballs -- or similar place --
 I googled to try to find the truth about this, my previous post said what
they
said, copying from a Xerox of a letter they had on their site.)  They got a
lawyer
to write a letter to YAF telling them -- in effect -- either to call off
the panel or rid if of defamatory content. Now of course such
letters have a chilling effect on free speech.  But only a raving loon
would pretend a) that this kind of behaviour is anything other than
rabidly 'Western/capitalist', b) that it is -- or even amounts to --
a fatwa.

(OK not only a raving loon, also, someone extraordinarily dishonest.)

RETRACT.

From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, Aug-8-2007 12:14 PM