[lit-ideas] Re: One of the better fatwa's

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 19:29:40 +0000

Mike

Well, the point I thought was obvious, namely that the Jihadists aren't able to
make the logical connection; they can't think logically -- or they don't give a
rat's ass about logic.  The offense (according to the Islamists) was that
Spencer argued that Islam isn't tolerant, and isn't a religion of peace.  The
Islamists responded by the fatwa ""May Allah rip out his spine from his back
and split his brains in two, and then put them both back, and then do it over
and over" which demonstrates Spencer's point.  Such a Fatwa is neither tolerant
(they don't want Spencer to write any more such books) and isn't peaceful.  I
find this amusing.  My point is that it is funny.  This is one of the funnier
sequences moving from the offense (Spencer's books and articles) to the
response (which proves the point of Spencer's books and articles).

If I have offended your Leftist sympathies for the Jihadists and Islamists,
feel free to send me your fatwa.

Lawrence

From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx