[lit-ideas] Re: Must the Word be Literate?

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 23:37:03 -0500

Lawrence -- Jung's "Book of Job" has a fascinating discussion of the
Logos/Hagia and Sophia (Shekinah) -- which is relevant to the current
dialogue, perhaps, in as much as Judaism perceives of Sophia/Shekinah as
being the female aspect or attribute of Adonai, relating to what you
describe below re. Christian perceptions of the Holy Spirit.  My reading of
the Koinei of John is that Logos = Yeshua, yeshua = logos.  Some scholars
postulate that John may have been an Essene (the same scholars who believe
Yeshua participated to some degree in the Essene culture); that would tie in
neatly in that the Essenes embraced  Jewish mysticism, i.e. Kabbalism (no,
not the variety touted by Madonna et al).

Julie Krueger
rambling