[lit-ideas] Re: Must the Word be Literate?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:17:08 -0500

Well, why didn't you say so? In the Catholic Church there's been serious debate about whether consecration actually occurrs if the priest says: "This is my body" instead of "For this is my body" and whether the priest could consecrate his dinner bread at the dinner table by simply saying the words and intending them, or whether he could consecrate by merely thinking the words with intent. The world is a wonderland of silliness.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>