[lit-ideas] Re: Mirembe and the need for Blackwater

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:29:52 -0700

On Sep 19, 2007, at 10:49 AM, Lawrence Helm wrote:

By the way, is the US embassy spokeswoman, Miremebe Nantonga referred to in the AFP article, the same Mirembe who used to be on Lit Ideas and Phil-Lit and with whom I argued on more than one occasion? I can't recall what we argued about but could it have been politics or the military? Could Mirembe have been a typical Lit-Ideas/Phil-Lit member, i.e., a Leftist? If so, what is she doing in the hated State Department, and Mike, what is she doing defending Blackwater? Did she succumb to filthy lucre? Or is she operating out of principle?

Oh look, there goes a "typical" dog, four legs and a tail.

Yes Mirembe used to be active on this list. She is a career member of the diplomatic service. People wanting to make contact with her can do so through the Bagdad embassy website.

David Ritchie
Co-Chair, the Mirembe-Molesworth Appreciation Club
Portland, Oregon