[lit-ideas] The need for Blackwater

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:41:08 +0000

It is the people attacking the State Department dignitaries and not the
Blackwater employees protecting them who should be criticized -- if you have
your heard screwed on right.  My friend from Iraq said Blackwater has a rep for
being very aggressive in protecting its charges.  Several Blackwater employees
have been killed, but not one person they were assigned to protect has been.
Sounds like a well run professional organization.  Who besides Leftists,
pacifists and anti-Americans would have a problem with that . . .

Oh one other group would have a problem with that -- those bent on killing
infidels.  I think Lars Vilks would very much like Blackwater protecting him:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0918/p99s01-duts.htm

Here's an excerpt from the article:

"In a statement issued on Saturday by Al Qaeda in Iraq, the group's leader, Abu
Omar al-Baghdadi, called for the killing of Vilks and his editor Ulf Johansson,
reports Al Jazeera.
"We are calling for the assassination of cartoonist Lars Vilks who dared insult
our prophet, peace be upon him, and we announce a reward during this generous
month of Ramadan of $100,000 for the one who kills this criminal," he said.
"The award will be increased to $150,000 if he were to be slaughtered like a
lamb."
Swedish police told Vilks that he was no longer safe in his home and have
relocated him to an undisclosed location. Vilks, who says he's willing to move
and can "do most of his work sitting in front of his computer," has remained
defiant throughout the dispute, reports The Local, a Swedish newspaper. Despite
being forced into hiding, when asked if the drawings were worth all of the
trouble, he remained unapologetic."

Lawrence, also unapologetic