[lit-ideas] Re: Mirembe and the need for Blackwater

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:25:38 -0230

Quoting Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
snip

> I'm amazed that you can remember every note Mirembe posted.  I can't even
> remember every note I posted.

snip

RP does not require a prodigious memory to recall what he has recalled about
Mirembe. What is being recalled is not every single act of posting that a
person has performed, but the disposition of the person to post on particular
topics and not others. Dispositions are the most salient marks of a person's
character and personality, and they are consequently readily embedded within
memory.

I miss Mirembe's commentaries as well. I hope she found those Russian children's
books she was looking for.

Walter O
MUN