[lit-ideas] Re: Milk

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:52:53 EDT

<<I put  it in coffee and I do eat nonfat yogurt.  What would you  suggest?>>

Half and Half in your coffee and frozen blueberries w/  heavy cream instead
of the yogurt.  If you get bored with that, get  Grapenuts -- the only way to
eat them, of course, is with cream and lots of  sugar.  If that is too
refreshing in the cold of winter, make some hot  oatmeal, make a small well in
the
center of the dish and into the well put a  couple tablespoons of real butter,
sprinkle the oatmeal generously with brown  sugar, and when the butter is
melting pour heavy cream over all.
Hey.  You asked.
Julie Krueger
(I used to be able to get glass gallon jugs of  pasteurized but
non-homogenized milk -- the cream had not been removed.  It  was the richest,
creamiest,
best milk in the world.  Alas, the "health"  craze has removed it from any
American shelves.)  Wanna talk about the many  uses of cheese?

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Milk  Date: 8/26/05
8:44:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) , _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Andreas, you've got my curiosity is up.  What  should we know about cow's
milk?  Other than it was designed for cows  and is full of sat fat and most
likely antibiotics and should not bet given  to babies, what's wrong with
it?  I put it in coffee and I do eat nonfat  yogurt.  What would you suggest?

Andy