[lit-ideas] Re: Milk

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:25:08 -0400

To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 8/26/2005 9:52:53 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Milk

<<I put it in coffee and I do eat nonfat yogurt.  What would you suggest?>>

Half and Half in your coffee and frozen blueberries w/ heavy cream instead of
the yogurt.  If you get bored with that, get Grapenuts -- the only way to eat
them, of course, is with cream and lots of sugar.  If that is too refreshing in
the cold of winter, make some hot oatmeal, make a small well in the center of
the dish and into the well put a couple tablespoons of real butter, sprinkle
the oatmeal generously with brown sugar, and when the butter is melting pour
heavy cream over all.

A.A.  I think you've got the right idea but I'm not ready to go the Half and
Half route.  I buy the fat free milk that has all the fillers in it to make it
taste like 2%, which it does, or I just buy 2% because I don't use that much.
I do eat frozen fruit all summer, blueberries, cherries, peaches, mango, papaya
straight out of the freezer.  Much better than ice cream.  (The mango needs to
be zapped for 30 seconds in the microwave to soften it up.)  In winter the
fruit needs more zapping.  BTW, did you see Supersize Me?  If you did, what do
you think?

Hey.  You asked.

A.A. No need to get defensive.

Julie Krueger
(I used to be able to get glass gallon jugs of pasteurized but non-homogenized
milk -- the cream had not been removed.  It was the richest, creamiest, best
milk in the world.  Alas, the "health" craze has removed it from any American
shelves.)  Wanna talk about the many uses of cheese?

A.A. I like muenster on a baked potato.  It's funny though, because I don't eat
sat fat I can taste the difference between sat fat and unsaturated fat.  For a
while I was eating cheese and I suddenly I didn't want my nuts.  Now I stopped
with the cheese and I like my nuts and seeds again.  I think that's the premise
behind Supersize Me, that fat is addicting.  What else can you do with cheese
in addition to the 70's fruit and cheese?

Andreas, don't quote me, but I think the gas humans release is a lot more than
what cows do.  If nothing else, there are a lot more humans.  It's why our
plumbing has to have the elbow and be vented just so, so the gases don't back
up and houses don't explode.

Andy