[lit-ideas] Re: Marxi's influence in America

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 15:18:11 -0800

Irene,

I can see you put a cake out in the rain, but it isn't mine.  I was talking
about Marxist influence in America, not Communist, in the previous note.  I
mentioned the Communists in passing and then said that they weren't very
influential in our labor movements.  It's all right there in the note you
quote beneath your own.

The Civil War was begun over States Rights and not Slavery.   Lincoln became
convinced during the Civil War that slavery should be abolished..

I wouldn't call the present day Chinese "quite Communist."  They are
totalitarian but are allowing freedom in business matters.  Whether this
freedom in part will work in the long run is doubtful.

Lawrence

  _____