[lit-ideas] Re: Marxi's influence in America

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:06:05 -0500

I hate to keep putting your cake out in the rain, but when these so called
Marxists were so influential, the U.S. was a great power.  Since the 80's the
U.S. gradually went downhill and since the neocons it plummeted with soaring
debt, misguided use of power, cities that literally need other countries to
help them out and a military run ragged by an insurgency.  You conflate Marxism
with the Soviet system.  The Soviet state may have had stated Marxist goals,
but they were just a totalitarian horror story.  It's a stretch to even call
them a government.  Also, Lawrence, how do you explain that the Chinese are
wielding capitalism like they were born into it, and they are quite Communist.
We can skip the Iraq part, since we all know your thoughts on that.  BTW, the
Civil War was about slavery, not states rights, or states rights to have
slavery if you insist.