[lit-ideas] Re: Malt, Coffee & Chuck Taylor

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:49:06 +0900

On 6/18/06, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm afraid I can't teach you how to transcend.  I'm surprised that you, a
fellow Southerner hasn't mastered the art of mental removal -- i.e.,
daydreaming, which is all that transcendence is, after all -- I mean, how
did you survive your childhood?  > >

Now that brought back memories, you old therapist you.

Following Augustine and Kant, I look inside and find that daydreaming
kid and the neighbor who noticed and one fine birthday gave him a
boxed set of four books titled something along the lines of Modern
Philosophers.

Funniest thing is that the one who stuck in memory was Karl Jaspers
and his Axial Period. The rest are dust.

John