[lit-ideas] Re: Madness, Foucault, Nietzsche & Emerson

  • From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 22:21:49 +0900

Honestly speaking, I do not know whether or not McCulloch believed that men
are mere machines. What I recall and advocate by recalling is an attitude:
He goes off to build a better machine, a better approximation to the kind
of human behavior he is trying to simulate. It too will be imperfect, and
then he will go off to build an even better machine. The machines will get
better and better. The stimulations will improve. No final solution is
required.

John

--
John McCreery