[lit-ideas] Re: Lit-Ideas: A Survey

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:27:17 -0500

<(I knew her off-list. I think she said 'Harrison''s a family name.)>

Which one is the person named Harrison who said she was named after Harrison Ford the actor? I think she said the actor was a friend of the family.

Veronica Caley

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: William Dolphin <dolphinw@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, 4 March, 2009, 2:29 PM
Harrison Solow is the wife of Herbert Solow, the production
guy in charge of
Star Trek, among other Hollywood stuff.

Her real name is Yvonne Fern Solow, and my recollection is
that her husband
calls her "Fern". (I had dinner with the two of
them in Berkeley once.)
She's the author of a book about the show's
creator, _Gene Roddenberry: The
Last Conversation_.

-Wm. Dolphin

Paul Stone

<juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Has anyone mentioned Carol K?
>
>Yes, I did
>
>> Robert --
>>
>> Why do you think Harrison Solow was a fake name?
>
>Because she said as much -- she was apparently an
'insider' in the
>movie biz and didn't want anyone to know who she
was, because she