[lit-ideas] Re: Is Hizbollah a Resistance Organization or not?

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:04:16 +0100

jk>I'd like Lawrence's differentiation between liberal and leftist?

It's "leftist/Islamist" I object to!  Oh and Marxist/Liberal, Liberal/Marxist,
because
they confuse some people.

        Date: 8/7/06 2:09:56 A.M. Central Daylight Time
        From: writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx
        To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Sent on:

  Beautifully said, Lawrence. I agree with everything you said, it was said
with such an appreciation for nuance and meaning.

  Except for identifying Andreas with the Leftist / Islamist position. That's
ridiculous.

   Your descriptions are meaningful and valuable; your evaluations using
terminology like "Leftist / Islamist position" are intrusive. They blur
meaning, alienate, and block meaningful discussion.

  Stan Spiegel