[lit-ideas] Re: Iraqi problems caused by Iran (1)

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:27:46 EST

In a message dated 2/5/2006 12:10:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,
lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We have  tried it both ways and I much prefer preemption.  Iranâs behavior
calls  for preemption in my opinion

Hi,
Then I'd prefer that we do it as 'right' as possible. [ like anyone is
listening to me <g>]

That means to do so carefully and thoughtfully and with as much care for
those littles as possible. .

 I do not believe that was done in Iraq.

IF there was no other way out--I agree--sometimes doing the 'wrong' thing
can be the 'right' thing. I used to bang my head against the wall trying to
figure that one out...  Still, there are always 'mean' ways to do much
anything
and 'as healthy as possible' ways to do the same thing. The latter  does,
though, take more creative forethought and must often be carefully  crafted.  I
simply do not see that in our current administration--and those  that I know
who
dealt with the initial planning (as well as some of the latter)  did not see
that in the preemption of Saddam's Iraq. [I'm still not convinced  that all
avenues of diplomacy were exhausted--or that it was the most  appropriate
nation
to invade based on the rhetoric that was coming out in  regards to either
nuclear weaponry or terrorism [though I could understand it  more based on
Saddam's growing inclination to trade oil for euros instead  of dollars], but
once
that decision was made, the planning and execution ought  to have been done
with a bit more foresight and wisdom as well as information  from those who
actually had a clue ... )

It might help if I could actually see what the 'end' was that was
desired...and crafted in such a way that the culture/area/peoples were taken
into
consideration. To just go into a place with guns a blazin'  without  having
figured
out the end from the beginning seems like the planning will be  haphazard and
that the end will be as murky as the one is that we see in Iraq.  (I grew up
reading the Sacketts <g> so have that romantic streak in me,  too--but being a
librarian <g>, there is the part in me which is a bit  more systematic in
situations...line upon line, measure upon measure and all of  that...)

So, what would this author's dream be for Iran?  What would  it be for Iraq?
Specifically--for sometimes I feel that these folks  writing those types of
books [on either side, actually] are always looking for  the next 'bad guy' and
do not feel that their lives are productive if there is  not a conflict/other
side to yell about...which keeps them from viewing people  as people...and
some of that comes from THEM not having a clear vision for the  future...or
figuring out how and why ... and what they will do then...

Best,
Marlena in Missouri