[lit-ideas] Re: Gotcha!

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:38:30 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe not directly (except in passing), but a huge military is effectively an
extension of the gun mentality.  Fighting is fighting, it's all the same except
in variables, like numbers killed or threatened.  How is someone living with
domestic violence different from someone living in fear of a terrorist?  That's
why there's no real qualitative difference between the sides.  It's all the
same same except for the excuse and the means.  Get rid of the underlying
motivations and the excuse will be unnecessary and the means irrelevant.
Unfortunately, nobody is looking at the underlying motivations, again except
me, and all I manage is to bore people.

Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Andy wrote:

> Just want to mention that when I said to Omar that
> he has no right to complain about extensive gun
> ownership in the U.S. because the other side is
> doing the same thing without guns, it was a
> statement of inclusion. I even said birds of a
> feather.

*I've noticed. However, I don't remember expressing
any position on personal gun ownership in the US.
Frankly, even though I have never owned a gun, I have
more respect for the people who rely on personal guns
to protect their identity and manhood, than for those
who rely on the Big Brother to do so.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com
http://mail.yahoo.com