[lit-ideas] Re: Gotcha!

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:12:14 -0400

Andy: I hear al Qaeda now is pushing for a war between the U.S. and Iran (plain old CNN).

Yeah, the Nuclear Threat Initiative site was a piece on it. We learned about the plan because we exterminated Zarqawi, showing the good news is even better than first thought.

_________

‘Plan of Death and Destruction’ Found in Safe House

Al-Qaeda operatives in Iraq planned to spread word that Iran possessed biological and chemical weapons in order to further damage Tehran’s already-tense relationship with the United States, Agence France-Presse reported today (see GSN, June 8).

Details of the scheme were included in a document described as a “plan of death and destruction” found at the bombed safe house in which Abu Musab al-Zarqawi died last week.

The group also planned to conduct kidnappings and assassinations and then blame them on Iran, according to the Iraqi government.

“It is not clear if America is truly an enemy of Iran because of the large support that Iran provided America in its wars against Afghanistan and Iraq,” the document states. “On that basis it is vital to work towards inflating the danger of Iran to America and show America and the West in general the real danger posed by Iran” (Agence France-Presse/Hindustan Times, June 15).

http://www.nti.org/d_newswire/issues/2006_6_15.html#AEB26E16