[lit-ideas] Re: Found Poetry

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:38:11 EDT

No, that's an essay in Teaching A Stone to Talk, which is one of my  most
adored works of hers.....the shadow coming towards her like a great wall
moving..... it's also the book in which she intertwines the early Arctic
Explorers
and ice floes with her Church experiences -- packing a load of God on  her back
(she's carrying communion wine in a backpack).

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Found Poetry
Date: 4/25/05 4:06:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is it in "Holy the Firm" that Dillard describes  watching a solar eclipse
from the top of a moutain in Washington?  It's  where she describes
looking DOWN at the eastern plains below her, and seeing  the darkness of
half the world rushing at her at about 5,000 miles per hour.