[lit-ideas] Re: FAO Phil/Here we go again

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:22:22 +0000 (GMT)

The following are from two posts of mine from 17th and 18th Feb. that
themselves refer to previous posts and which quote from Phil. Clearly I am less
immersed in work than Phil is at the moment and so offer these to draw
attention to the specifics that underlie my more recent remarks (or as Phil
prefers to see them "trollings").

The posts present a prima facie case that

">Phil Enns
> claimed [affair], W's TLP
> offers the view that the sense of a proposition is
> determined only by
> the relations between the elements of the proposition"

though, as seen below, Phil appeared to subsequently deny he claimed any such
thing.

Hey, the prima facie case is actually pretty clear-cut (evasive manoeuvres
aside), at least imo. In particular how can Phil talk his way out of clearly
stating that "the elements do not contribute to the sense of the picture"?

These posts were btw in a thread titled:-

Re: TLP1: Elements and their relations in giving the  sense of 'p'