[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:39:59 -0500

My son raised gerbils for the local pet store and he had a great time. Although they are escape artists. We had gerbils that, falling down a heat vent, required the dismantlement of the whole heating system pipes in the basement. We have stories....it was an adventure...
Ursula

Erin Holder wrote:

I'd go for the hamster. They're fluffier and nicer to hold. Gerbils bite. Well, the one I had did (I had one also). But maybe it just didn't like me. I personally found the creature annoying as hell. I'd never get another.

Erin

Quoting JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx:

How have I been reading your posts for years and not known that?

Oblivious R Us, I guess.

Julie Krueger

========Original Message======== Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools Date: 2/16/06 8:08:19 P.M. Central Standard Time From: _erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx) To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) Sent on: Uh, my family is Jewish?

Erin

Quoting JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx:

And you know from sitting Shiva how? Just curious....
So your bro had a gerbil. I'm being arm-twisted to allow one last mammal

into my daughter's room -- she's trying to choose among a rat, a gerbil,

and

a hamster. Whaddya know about gerbils' behaviour?

Julie Krueger
spending  a fortune on pet food & litter

========Original Message======== Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic

Schools Date: 2/16/06 7:29:26 P.M. Central Standard Time From: _erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx) To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) Sent on: My brother made us bury his gerbil and give it a funeral. We put it in

an

egg carton and burried it in the garden. He wanted us all to sit Shiva, but

you

have to draw the line somewhere.

Erin

Quoting  JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx:

You should get another. Lucy is the first dog I've really loved since

my

wonderful collie/hound mix...he was such a good pet. Died of old age.

And

I have tended in the past to ridicule slightly those people who treat

their

animals like people ....but Lucy is such a wonderful companion; I

take

her

everywhere in the car with me, and even let her sleep on my bed (an

absolute

no-no in general) when I had the flu. She so absolutely has her very own

personality. Sometimes I think animals are nicer than people. My

daughter

would

> certainly say so. One of her mice recently had babies and one of

the

tiny

things (ugly as all get-out, pink, hairless, worm-looking) died. I told her

toss it in the trash. She was outraged and insisted on a full burial.

("If

you had a baby, Mom, and it died, would you want someone to throw it in

the

trash??"). Of course this is the same child who begged me, years ago,

when

swatted a wasp in her bedroom, to "make it alive again, Mommy, make it

alive

again!".

Julie Krueger

To  change your Lit-Ideas settings (subscribe/unsub, vacation  on/off,
digest  on/off), visit  www.andreas.com/faq-lit-ideas.html

-- Erin