[lit-ideas] Re: Do You Have a Moral Urgency?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:46:38 -0400

Andy: Real quick, the last line is wrong. Eric's
transliteration put the prepositions in the right places:
na visokii bereg na krutoi ...
> > Onto the steep riverbank ... [literally: onto the high riverbank, the steep ...)

Eric: I was taught the Katyusha song in one evening by a bunch of old Russian guys who had survived the Battle of Stalingrad. They made me an "honorary Russian" amidst a lot of vodka toasting.

Andy: You're so bright. Too bad you're so heartless. You can't see the commonality of people.

Eric: Don't forget the part about the eagle in the second stanza of Katyusha.