[lit-ideas] Re: Comparative religion

  • From: Austin Meredith <Kouroo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 04:51:09 -0500

>Presumably Quakers quake because they're in the presence of God.  Or the
>spirit is flowing through them.  Or they're on drugs.  But, I know about
>Quakers what I know about Mormons.  So fill me in.

It's easy to know about Mormons. You say to Mormons "Uh, what do you
believe?" and they tell you and you go "Are you putting me on?"

It's even easier to know about Quakers. You say to Quakers "Uh, what do you
believe?" and they go "Are you putting me on?"

Quakers believe it takes three to change a lightbulb. One to climb the
stepladder, another to hold that stepladder, and a third to hold the other
two in the light.