[lit-ideas] Re: Comparative religion

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:29:50 -0800

> This doesn't really seem much different from "Catholics don't think
> Protestants are Christian".....it's the exclusionary thing again, still.

That's not correct. The Catholic Church accepts Protestants as a Christian
religion.

See http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12495a.htm

There is a tremendous amount of misunderstanding about the Catholic Church. I'm
atheist
(thank goddess!), but I admire the Catholic Church as an institution that has
had perhaps
the single greatest effect on Western civilization. It's not possible to
understand the last
2,000 years of history, philosophy, science, politics (and yes, wars) without
appreciating
the role and significance of the Catholic Church.

There's a good encyclopedia, with articles, at http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com