[lit-ideas] Re: Comparative religion

  • From: Austin Meredith <Kouroo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 03:02:33 -0500

Paul Stone wants to know:

>What does a Quaker believe in? I have no idea.

Paul, Quakers believe that "religious beliefs" and "religious symbols" get
invented so that people can kill each other, and the guy who kills gets to
be in the right and the guy who gets killed gets to be in the wrong. As in
"God told me to kill you." We don't want none of that.

Quakers believe that actually nobody has any more clue than he or she does.
--That we're all in the same boat.

Quakers believe that .... can I tell you my favorite joke?

Q: Which is worse, ignorance or apathy?
A: I don't know and I don't care.