[lit-ideas] Re: C'mon people now - or almost rhyming

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:56:52 -0600

Eric, I thought you would find that funny. Just like being a "little fascis of joy". I was riffing on Donal's post which I certainly didn't take seriously -- I assumed and still do that he was making fun of your screaming CAPS and what seems (to me at least) a quirky complaint about a silly folk song. I thought you must be writing in a hyperbolic strain, half tongue in cheek. I can't speak for Donal, but I've never once thought you were a fascist. Far from it. Your views on Islam startle me sometimes, but only because (to me) they seem so incongruous with the sweep and embrace of your intelligence, and I assumed you knew that. Apparently not. I apologise that my post offended you, the offense was most definitely not meant.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>