[lit-ideas] Re: Charles Taylor Templeton Prize

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:09:50 -0230

Alas, the funds are in Canadian currency. For a really great photo of Chuck
(circa 1975) see the biography of Shaya Berlin by Mikie Ignatsieff. He's with
Stuart Hampshire, Bernard Williams, C.D. Broad (I think) and a host of others
somewhere in Oxford. (Besides being a fine writer, Taylor was also an
extraordinary lecturer. His lectures in the Hegel course at McGill (1975) were
absolutely riveting. (Although his Aristotelianism did detract from the cogency
of his claims, imho.) Ah, la belle ville in the 70s!

Cafe Prague Forever

Walter O.
MUN

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=582457c2-8b01-4b72-9d7f-a2c244a8e040&k=79508