[lit-ideas] Re: Brigette Gabriel again supporting Israel

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:03:58 +0100 (BST)

--- Stan Spiegel <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Judith writes:
> "my point was (and is) that Brigitte Gabriel is not
> necessarily
> representative of Lebanese Christians (and is not
> telling the
> whole story)."
>
> And who can tell the whole story?

We can try for a better approximation of the whole
story by noting that (if what I have read is correct)
it is not the case that Lebanese Muslims mounted a
totally unprovoked attack on Maronite Christians.  (I
should have spelled out "is not telling the whole
story".) Here are some links re which I comment that
they tell another story from that told by Brigitte
Gabriel (I haven't had time to cross-check them)

http://www.onwar.com/aced/data/lima/lebanon1975.htm

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/encyclopaedia/hutchinson/m0024125.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kataeb_Party

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_Civil_War

http://www.jtf.org/america/america.lebanon.part.one.htm

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html