[lit-ideas] Re: Art and the Wall

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:08:03 -0400

Andy: My fault for sloppy writing.  Maybe the hurricane got to me too.

Eric: I'm in denial about the hurricane catastrophe. Hence my noxious "pray for a better god" slogan in time of deep loss and widespread suffering.

As for the Bush thing, I believe you guys are wrong to single out Bush for vilification. It's too easy. You guys want to attack the mouth. I say we should attack the brain.

Rather than focus on Bush, we should identify and single out Bush's shadowy advisers. We should drag each and every one of the advocates for his policies (especially domestic policies) out of the shadows, tar and feather them, and throw them back into other shadows.

The result of merely bashing Bush is to take the focus off the heinous policies. Stick to the policies. Identify the proponents, and give 'em the bum's rush. Much more effective than attacking the unknowable Mr. Bush, who seems to exist solely that people bash him rather than his policies.