[lit-ideas] Re: Art and the Wall

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:45:59 -0400

The Rivera mural was on a building Rockefeller owned in NY.  When he got
displeased with what was in it, he ordered it destroyed, with hammers, pick
axes, etc.

Rivera painted another one on one of the huge walls of the Detroit
Institute of Art.  It is considered one of the treasures of that building.
Many of the faces are recognizable to those who know the history of the
auto industry and others.

Veronica