[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you delighted you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:30:31 -0400

Judy: We do of course know that the US supported Hussein once he had gained office.

Just as we know that the CIA installed the Shah of Iran. But what few realize is that prior to that, the Soviets controlled Iran. Why do you think Stalin insisted on a conference in Tehran? Because he didn't want to travel out of an area of Soviet control.

So excuuuuuuuuse us for (a) deposing a Soviet proxy government in Iran, and (b) playing the Iraqis against the Islamist Revolutionary government in Iran during their border war.

If we hadn't done that we'd have been idiots. Context is everything.