[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you delighted you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:02:36 +0100 (BST)

Our sources now say much the same, Eric.

My points in reply to your

  > > Just as we know that the CIA installed the Shah
> of
>  > > Iran. But
>  > > what few realize is that prior to that, the
> Soviets
>  > > controlled Iran

are

1. the Shah was installed in 1941.

2. The USSR did not control Iran before that.

You first instanced the "Iran crisis" of 1946.  The
Shah was in situ. The USSR did not control Iran then,
it was one of two occupying powers, who had agreed to
invade to prevent Iran supporting the Axis Powers (as
I have said).

now you point to the "coup"/"counter-coup" of 1953 to
which I'd just pointed, which could, at a stretch,
have been said to "re-install the Shah"; you quote

"The most accurate term for the
> forceful
> ousting of Prime Minister Mossadegh would be counter
> coup,

that's 1953. The USSR did not control Iran then.  That
Mossadegh was vulnerable to

> exaggerated
> British claims that (Mossadegh) was a Soviet proxy

does not show that

EY>the Soviets controlled Iran.

If you have any evidence that

 the CIA installed the Shah
> of
>  > > Iran. prior to that, the
> Soviets
>  > > controlled Iran

post it.  (Not evidence that Iran had a Communist
Party, not evidence that a Prime Minister needed the
parliamentary support of a Communist Party (if that is
so), not evidence that the USSR, the US and Britain
contended for control of Iran, not evidence that the
Soviet Union and Britain both Iran. Evidence that the
USSR controlled Iran. It would be nice if that could
also be related to the installation of the Shah, but
well, we can't have everything.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html