[lit-ideas] Re: 80s Child

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:27:55 -0700

The Eighties were Margaret Thatcher UGH.  (Says a baby boomer.)

We had Reagan (says the parent of several baby boomers). Erin, do you
really remember that much of the Eighties? Gordon Gekko, that whole crowd?
I'm told it was the 'Me Generation.' As Arnaud (or was it Artaud?) told Leibniz,
'I can imagine being somebody else, but I can't imagine not being me.'

Culinary note from the era: a sign on SE Woodstock Boulevard advertising
'hand- battered halibut.'

I'm glad I missed the whole thing.

Robert Paul
born several years too soon