[lit-ideas] Re: 80s Child

  • From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:25:31 -0400

Hey, don't diss the 8 track (the polyester, OK). My brother has a "tracksuit" that rivals the one that Hal Johnson from "Bodybreak" use to wear (did anyone ever see those commercials?). It is truly awesome. Ah, the days when people used the word "chesterfield"...

Erin

Quoting Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>:

And yet we have seen the revival of bell-bottoms, platform shoes, polyester,
leisure suits, and John Lennon glasses.  One can only pray that disco balls,
8 track tapes, and whatever that god-awful music on the radio was, which
I've completely blocked out, will never ever become retro.

Julie Krueger

On 6/29/07, Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Be thankful you missed them.  With any luck the cultural aspect of
this era(primarily fashion) will never be revived.
Erin

Quoting Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>:

You know you're glad you missed the 80's in a sort of wild blur when you
realize you don't recognize half the pic's.

Show of hands, please -- how many so-called "baby boomers" missed the
80's
entirely?

Julie Krueger

On 6/29/07, Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You know you were born in the 80s when you still own...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9QbuG7Vu2ZjM

(Better to look at the thumbnails.  Pics were taking with a webcam and
the full size images are grainy)

Erin

Erin

Erin