[lit-ideas] Re: '08 Democrats

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:03:56 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Original Message-----

The Iraq war is the first time in American history (probably most if not all
history) that both guns and butter are peddled at the same time.  Taxes cut
(for the ultra wealthy), spending on the war sky high.  Ever wonder why it's
never done this way?  Why taxes are always raised when a war is fought?  For
that matter, presidents don't go on vacation after they declare war either.
Guns and butter is a fantasy, like the Iraq fantasy/fiasco.  It's a testimonial
to the dems that they're not offering it.

Gingrich is advocating WWIII.  That's a bit of excitement to look forward to if
he's elected.  What are the chances that it will be fought only over there this
time?