[lit-ideas] Re: '08 Democrats

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:06:34 -0000

EY>> Judy: I think Lawrence means that if the CIA hadn't been cut
the War on
>> Iraq wouldn't have taken place.

> Probably true. Probably Though that Clinton lied to the 9/11
Commission
> is even more startling. Startling but not a significant lie by
his
> standards.

Eric, my comment has nothing to do with lies and is neither an
attack on
nor a defence of clinton.  You are *obsessed*.

> Transcript of Clinton's admission:
>
> We'd been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start
dealing with
> them again.
>
> They released him. At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime
against
> America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on
which to
> hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against
America.

I take it Clinton was telling the truth ("At the time...no
basis...America")?
Now, of course, bin Laden could be put in Gitmo like everybody
else you have
no justification for holding.  Pity Clinton didn't set it up, you
think?

Judy Evans, Cardiff