[lit-ideas] Re: '08 Democrats

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:06:05 -0600

I don't have a favorite so far and will wait for it all to shake down before I support anyone. Romney, McCain and Giuiiani are the frontrunners and Newt Gingrich is still lurking in the pack. Of that group I would like to see someone as visionary as Gingrich run strong but we'll see.

So you like Kucinich best because he's ideologically closest to what you believe? Is there anyone in the group you don't want to see as President?

On Feb 23, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Mike Geary wrote:

Both Hilary and Obama are easy shoo-ins were one not a woman and the other not black. This is the America after all, so forget that. I'm betting that Edwards plucks the ring. He talks good. Can't even guess how he'd be in office though. Personally, I'm solidly in the Kucinich camp. If a man who looks like him, talks like him, walks like him and votes like him could be elected President of the United States, then all my 60's beliefs in and aspirations for America would be rekindled. I'd put flowers in my hair and dance in the streets knowing that, indeed, the times they are a-changin'. But I'm sure that I'll have to write him in and then Irene will accuse me once again of throwing the election to the Repulicans.

And so, who do you hope heads up the Republican ticket?