[Linux-Anyway] Re: Copying audio CD's the easiest way

  • From: Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 22:40:14 +0200

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:39:19 +0200
Godwin wrote:

> Horror, have you tried the -Z command line option of cdparanoia?
>
> It deactivates error correction etc. and forces cdparanoia to read the
> data as it sees it. It can speed things up considerably and if there
> are no visible defects on the CD there's no reason why there should be
> any problems. I use it all the time.

02:59:085 for Led Zeppelin III (193621 sectors) with the -Z flag
compared to 07:34:015 for the same without (the disc looks like new).
Yes, it makes a slight difference. Thanks.

> >   Hey, on a totally different note, as my original plan for the
> > move to Europe is getting more complicated, I'm looking for any
> > new way to get there & be able to stay legally.  Any ideas...?
>
> Wait until May 1st. At that point, Poland will be part of the E.U. and
> it might simplify things. Do you have work arranged for when you get
> there?

Remember that the equality among member states of the EU new and old
stops before petty interests of each member state (especially the old
ones), and especially if the topic is a populist-bait, like the
employment. So a work visa for Poland will probably be worthless in the
other EU member states (for Austria I'm pretty sure).

Whatever came of your kraut connection, Fritz? That'd give you the best
possibilites (though probably not in Germany, for they're in the middle
of a crisis now). I'd go for that if I were you, if in any way possible.

Cheers

--
Horror Vacui

Registered Linux user #257714