[Linux-Anyway] Re: Copying audio CD's the easiest way

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 22:25:53 +0200

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:50:58 -0800 (PST), Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>   When have you ~not~ had the solution to our problems?  All
> hale;-).

Probably more often than you seem to remember :)

> > Wait until May 1st. At that point, Poland will be part of the
> > E.U. and it might simplify things.
>
>   I imagine it will, but getting the work visa....

But that's just it. Will you need a work visa then? It might be possible for
you to turn up, start working, and use your work contract as grounds for
applying for residence in Poland.

If I were you I'd seek advice from the Polish embassy in DC, asking specific
questions about what's going to happen after May 1st rather than what the
state of affairs is right now.

http://www.polandembassy.org

> > Do you have work arranged for when you get there?
>
> { snip story about Polish school }

One thing you're going to be fighting against wherever you go in Europe is
the comparative unpopularity of American citizens after the Saddam saga. If
they want to make life difficult for you, some people will go out of their
way to do so. I had similar problems while trying to set up my business and
I wouldn't have succeeded in getting anywhere had the British embassy in
Paris not slapped the local authorities around the face with a wet trout a
few times for trying to interpret the regulations in rather imaginative
ways.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx -- gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.25)