[Linux-Anyway] Re: Copying audio CD's the easiest way

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:50:58 -0800 (PST)

> >   While Godwin's the wiz on this stuff (as on most everything
> > else),

> If only that were true...

  When have you ~not~ had the solution to our problems?  All
hale;-).

> >   Hey, on a totally different note, as my original plan for
> > the move to Europe is getting more complicated, I'm looking
> > for any new way to get there & be able to stay legally.  Any
> > ideas...?

> Wait until May 1st. At that point, Poland will be part of the
> E.U. and it might simplify things.

  I imagine it will, but getting the work visa....

> Do you have work arranged for when you get there?

  I'd had an offer from the school where I may no longer go.  The
head of the course (she may be the head of personnell as well) is
now trying to talk me out of taking the course because I'd not
stayed in school long enough to obtain a college degree.  She
claims that this will make getting a work visa impossible in
spite of the fact private schools all over Poland -- & many other
countries -- are not required to hire only degreed teachers.  The
only requirement is that one hold a teching certification, which
is what the course was to be.

  When I'd first started e-mailing them (those e-mails now
mysteriously lost), I'd told them that I don't have a degree, but
the person in the Personnell office didn't find that a problem, &
that they would be "very happy" to hire me after I'm certified.
That piece of paper & a year's experience with them would allow
me the opportunity to be able to compete for positions elsewhere.
Without the first year's experience, I may have more difficulty
getting a contract than the rest of the time on my tourist visa.

  So, I'm looking for options.

--
  All other things being equal, a bald man cannot be elected
  President of the United States.