[Linux-Anyway] Re: Copying audio CD's the easiest way

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:39:19 +0200

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:05:25 -0800 (PST), Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>   While Godwin's the wiz on this stuff (as on most everything
> else),

If only that were true...

Horror, have you tried the -Z command line option of cdparanoia?

It deactivates error correction etc. and forces cdparanoia to read the data
as it sees it. It can speed things up considerably and if there are no
visible defects on the CD there's no reason why there should be any
problems. I use it all the time.

>   Hey, on a totally different note, as my original plan for the
> move to Europe is getting more complicated, I'm looking for any
> new way to get there & be able to stay legally.  Any ideas...?

Wait until May 1st. At that point, Poland will be part of the E.U. and it
might simplify things. Do you have work arranged for when you get there?

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx -- gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.25)