[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: gnulibification of Liblouis

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:41:29 +0200

Hi
On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 10:27 +0200, Christian Egli wrote:
> Can you see if the advice given in
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2008-02/msg00156.html is of
> any help, i.e.
>
> > Ensuring that glibtoolize, autoconf and automake are all installed in
> > the same prefix will usually fix problems like this. Also ensure that
> > there is only one libtool.m4 in that prefix/share/aclocal*

Actually maybe the this thread is more accurate
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2008-11/threads.html#00076)
where Ralf Wildenhues explains what the problem might be
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2008-11/msg00076.html):

> You are mixing an ltmain.sh file from Libtool 1.5.x with macro files
> (libtool.m4 and others) from Libtool 2.2.x, or vice versa.

> The macro files may have been copied into your package with 'libtoolize
> --install', or 'aclocal --install', or their contents copied into the
> aclocal.m4 file from aclocal.  All of this may have been caused by
> autoreconf, or a bootstrap script.

> The solution is to point aclocal to the right macro files.  By default,
> it looks in $prefix/share/aclocal, where $prefix is the prefix where
> Automake was installed.

> You can add search paths to aclocal for example by listing directories
> in the file $prefix/share/aclocal/dirlist.

There is also some talk that there might be a problem with our autogen.sh
script.

Hope that helps

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired