[liblouis-liblouisxml] gnulibification of Liblouis

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:54:23 +0200

Hi all

It seems that nobody voiced any more concerns about the move of the
liblouis tools to GPL, so I went ahead and created a branch where I

     1. integrated gnulib in liblouis
     2. Relicensed all the lou_* tools to GPL
     3. implemented --version and --help options for all the lou_* tools
     4. added a man directory where the man pages are built with the
        help of help2man (that is only if help2man is installed)

The good news is that we now have man pages for lou_allround,
lou_checktable, lou_checkhyphen, lou_debug and lou_translate.

The bad news is that this is a fairly substantial change and the most C
code I wrote in years. I tested it, it passes `make check` and `make
distcheck` and I also did some manual test. All seems well. However
before I merge this back into the main branch I would appreciate some
more testing. In particular I would like to know if

     1. it compiles for John (and everyone else for that matter)
     2. it compiles on windows (Michel?)

To test it please get a copy out of svn and do a configure and make as
follows:

$ svn checkout http://liblouis.googlecode.com/svn/branches/gnulib-branch2
liblouis-gnulib
$ cd liblouis-gnulib
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure
$ make check # optionally also make distcheck
$ ./tools/lou_allround # optionally also do some interactive tests

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired