[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: gnulibification of Liblouis

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:04:41 +0100

Hi all

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 12:02 -0600, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Qe tarball generated by make dist does not contain the m4 macro
> directory. configure fails with the message that it can't find the
> directory.

I inquired on the automake mailing list and was told that m4 macros
aren't automatically included with old version of the autotools.

I was suggested two solutions: either use newer autotools or explicitly
include the m4 macros. For now I will simply add the m4 directory to the
SUBDIRS.

There is another potential problem though: the m4 directory inside
gnulib. I don't know if that one will be included. I cannot really add
this to subdirs (of gnulib/Makefile.am) as this Makefile.am is generated
automatically be gnulib.

Let's just see if the fix that I checked into svn fixes the problem.
Maybe gnulib/m4 will be included after all. John can you run a make
distcheck on the gnulib-branch, check if m4 and gnulib/m4 are included
in the tarball and try to install it?

$ svn checkout http://liblouis.googlecode.com/svn/branches/gnulib-branch2
liblouis-gnulib
$ cd liblouis-gnulib
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure
$ make distcheck
$ ./tools/lou_allround # optionally also do some interactive tests

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired