[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: gnulibification of Liblouis

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:27:34 +0200

Hi Lars

Thanks for testing, seems like it was needed :-(

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 08:58 +0200, Lars Bjørndal wrote:

> > $ svn checkout http://liblouis.googlecode.com/svn/branches/gnulib-branch2
> > liblouis-gnulib
> > $ cd liblouis-gnulib
> > $ ./autogen.sh
> > $ ./configure
> > $ make check # optionally also make distcheck
>
> I got the following error after doing 'make check':
>
> Making check in gnulib
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lrs/tmp/liblouis-gnulib/gnulib'
> make  check-recursive
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/lrs/tmp/liblouis-gnulib/gnulib'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/lrs/tmp/liblouis-gnulib/gnulib'
> /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -I. -I../liblouis     -g -O2 -MT progname.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/progname.Tpo
> -c -o progname.lo progname.c
> ../libtool: line 833: X--tag=CC: command not found

This seems to be a problem with libtool (which is a generated by
configure). A bit of googling turns up people with similar problems but
no solution. I'm currently searching the list archives of the libtool
mailing list and there is one thread which seems to match this problem
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2008-02/threads.html#00150).

Can you see if the advice given in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2008-02/msg00156.html is of
any help, i.e.

> Ensuring that glibtoolize, autoconf and automake are all installed in
> the same prefix will usually fix problems like this. Also ensure that
> there is only one libtool.m4 in that prefix/share/aclocal*

Thanks for your help
Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired