[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [alex.bernier@xxxxxxx: Synchronisation between liblouis and brltty project]

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:24:47 -0500

Alex,

liblouis has many more opcodes than brltty. The Grade 1 and Grade 2
tables might be converted manually without too much effort, but I don't
know of anyone who is doing so. It would be interesting to see the
messages in which the changes to the brltty tables were discussed. I'm
also hoping that someone can tell us if the brltty translator code has
features that liblouis doesn't.

liblouis was not intended as a fork of brltty. Rather, it used the
brltty translator as a base and built features that are not needed in a
screenreader.

John

--
My websites: