[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Support for man pages through help2man

  • From: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:24:52 +0200

Christian Egli, le Mon 29 Jun 2009 14:15:40 +0200, a écrit :
> The easiest way to have man pages is to generate them with help2man.

IIRC that's what I did for the debian packaging after some hand tuning,
but it'd be better if that could be automated in the liblouis
compilation process, yes. In another project, I use

help2man -m "project name" -S "institute" -N --version-string @VERSION@ -n
"what the tool does"

>      2. Is the use of getopt_long portable? GNU/Linux obviuosly has it
>         and so does cygwin as far as I know.

It is a GNU extension, so you will find it in GNU OSes only (which
indeed includes Linux, cygwin, mingw but not much else).

Samuel