[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Trying to reproduce the letter, etc. bug

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:55:18 -0500

Hi Mesar,

lou_allround has many options. by default it first uses lou_translate
and then lou_backTranslate and compares the result. If the
back-translation matches the original it prints the message "Perfect
roundtrip!" It's a powerful debugging tool. I would like to know if a
test using the table I gave produces the same results. I'm not
comfortable with Python, and I don't want to use ucs4 with liblouis,
because I run the latest liblouis and liblouisutdml together. ucs4 would
cause liblouisutdml to use much more memory.

I'm wondering if the internal character representations of Python and
liblouis could be decoupled. I'm starting to do that with liblouisutdml
and Java.

John