[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Question aout liblouisxml structure

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 08:16:59 +1000

On 3/02/2009 4:15 AM, Michel such wrote:
It assumes that the directory containing the conversion tables and the
.cfg files should be somewhere under "c:\Program Files".
It would be better, in my opinion, if it would be "Program " independant.
The better would be to retrieve the directory where the program runs from.
To put this another way, in Windows, relative paths are better than absolute paths. This is how BRLTTY handles this in its Windows build; it has an option you can pass to configure which allows you to use relative paths. They call it --enable-relocatable-install.

Right now, with absolute paths, even if we specified the prefix as c:\liblouis, this would be problematic, as it means all users must install to this directory. Relative paths would solve this issue.

I can't quite figure out from the BRLTTY code how they've done this. I don't really understand autotools well enough at this point. :)

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx