[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Question aout liblouisxml structure

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:00:38 -0600

Michel,

When liblouis and liblouisxml are built under Linux you can specify the
directory in which they will be placed with the --prefix option in
configure. I think
that it would be good if we didn't try to put them in "program Files".
Neither Cygwin nor Mingw installs under that directory. Suppose,
however, we install them in c:\louss using configure --prefix=c:\louis .
Then xml2brl.exe, lou_allround.exe, etc. will be in c:\louis\bin . The
DLLs will be in c|\louis\lib and the liblouis tables will be in
c:\louis\usr\share\liblouis\tables . The liblouisxml semantic-action
files and configuration files will be in
c:\louis\usr\share\liblouisxml\lbx_files. The programs will thus be able
to find what they need and we can make the Windows binary by zipping the
c:\louis directory recursively.

At least that is how I hope it would work. I'll have to try to duplicate
your setup with Mingw and Msys. I have the zip file you put up a couple
of weeks ago, but I think you have added some other packages. Could you
provide a new file with these other packages? I'll have tr discover how
the compiler can know that it is in Mingw as well as Windows. Then I can
modify paths.c accordingly.

You are making a real contribution. I think we are close to having those
Windows binaries.

--
My websites:
http://www.godtouches.org